Expectations for Scholars:
Rogers Honors Academy scholars will experience a rigorous curriculum, excel in coursework and their relationships with others, and meet high expectations for personal conduct. They will be highly academically motivated, engage enthusiastically with new world experiences and diverse perspectives, be respectful in their interactions, and enthusiastic and caring citizens of their local and world community. In addition, they will:
- Attend the Rogers Honors Academy Induction Ceremony Celebration.
- Graduate with a GPA of 3.75 or higher and adhere to the rules of the school district.
- Communicate regularly with teachers, counselors and mentors and request help when needed.
- Produce work of high quality and conduct themselves in a manner that shows maturity and self-discipline.
- Attend college fairs, college admissions representative presentations, student panels, and other college-related activities.
- Fill out and update the Student Profile (kept in their counselor’s office) and complete it by the end of their junior year.
- Take ACT and/or SAT preparation workshops.
- Go on college visits when possible to do so.
- Do community service, help consistently with family or home obligations, or work in a job.